No news posted
Welcome to Garrison Elementary School.
Located in the beautiful city of Oceanside, California, Garrison Elementary School is a visual and performing arts emphasis school supporting over 500 students from preschool to fifth grade.
On behalf of the staff at Garrison Elementary School, we feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you in advance for your support and look forward to your participation this school year.
Garrison Elementary School students in grades 3- 5 will be participating in the SBAC testing from April 17th to May 12th. Testing begins on Monday April 17th. Regular attendance is important for student success. It is especially important that students arrive at school on time and be in attendance during these testing weeks. Any student who arrives in the classroom after the start of the test session will not be allowed to start that portion of the test and must make it up at a later time. Being in attendance and on time is vital.
We cannot emphasize enough how crucial student attendance is, especially during testing. In efforts to reinforce this, we will be rewarding all students with perfect testing attendance! If you have appointments scheduled for your son/daughter, please be sure the appointment is before or after school hours. Doing the best possible on the test is important to the individual student as well as the school as a whole.
Here are some things you can do to help insure that your child does his/her very best on the test.
· Make sure your child gets plenty of rest during the week.
· Eat a good breakfast before school.
· Encourage your child to take his/her time in completing the test and check to make sure each question has been answered fully
· Talking to your child about the test lets your child know that you think it is important.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the school. We are all in this together. We appreciate your support as we work to help all our Garrison students be successful!
Garrison Student Ambassadors Present:
Spirit Week April 17th – 21st
School Safety and Security Information
The safety of our students and staff is always the Oceanside Unified School District’s primary concern. Click here for safety and security meetings and informational materials regarding an individual who has been released from law enforcement custody.
OUSD Policy on Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination
The local educational agency (LEA) adopted a policy that prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Traffic and Student Safety
Safety is one of our highest priorities for everyone here at Garrison. We truly appreciate your patience and support as we implement changes in our arrival and dismissal process in efforts to ensure the safety of the entire Garrison gator family. Please keep these SAFETY TIPS in mind each day as you arrive and depart the school zone:
* Please drive slowly!
* Please DO NOT drop your students off in the staff parking area.
* Please DO NOT enter the first driveway in the parking area (even if you are parking). Always use the drive thru lane! The first driveway is the exit!
* Please DO NOT exit out of the parking lot entrance. Use the drive thru lane.
* Please DO NOT turn around in the middle of the street.
* Please ALWAYS use the crosswalks when crossing the streets. If you are personally walking your child from your parked car to the main sidewalk, please use the crosswalk that goes behind the cars in the parking lot (NOT the crosswalk in front of the lanes of traffic). This allows our crossing guard to focus on unescorted students!
* Please DO NOT use the Bus Only lane at any time (even if it is empty)!
* Please share this information with any person that may drop off or pick up your child.
* Please listen to and respect all staff on duty. We are doing our best to keep all students safe.
If you are unsure of the procedures, please do not hesitate to ask.
La Seguridad es una de las prioridades mas importantes para todos aquí en Garrison. Le agradecemos mucho su paciencia y apoyo a la implementación de cambios en el proceso de llegada y despida en el esfuerzos para garantizar la seguridad de toda la familias de Garrison. Por favor, mantenga estos CONSEJOS DE SEGURIDAD en mente cada día que lleguen y salgan de la zona escolar:
* Conduzca lentamente!
* Por favor, NO DEJE a su hijo(a) en el área de estacionamiento para el personal de la escuela.
* Por favor, NO ENTRE la primera entrada en el área de estacionamiento (incluso si se esta estacionando). Utilice siempre la linea de manejo! La primera linea es la salida.
* Por favor, NO SALGA por la entrada del área de estacionamiento. Utilice la linea de manejo.
* Por favor, NO DE la vuelta en el medio de la calle.
* Por favor, UTILICE SIEMPRE la linea de peatonales para cruzar las calle. Si usted sale a dejar a su hijo(a) de un automóvil estacionado en la acera principal, por favor utilice la linea de peatones que va detrás de los autos en el estacionamiento (no el cruce la linea de peatones en la parte delantera de los carriles de tráfico). Esto permite a nuestro guardia de cruce enfocarse en los estudiantes sin escolta.
* Por favor, NO UTILICE el carril para autobúses en ningún momento (incluso si está vacío).
* Por favor comparta esta información con cualquier persona que pueda dejar o recoger a su hijo(a).
* Por favor, escuche y respete a todo el personal de guardia. Estamos haciendo nuestro mejor esfuerzo para mantener a todos los estudiantes a salvo.
Si no está seguro de los procedimientos, por favor no dude en preguntar.
El personal de la escuela Garrison
Home of The Gators
333 Garrison Street Oceanside, CA 92054
Mrs. Cara Michel, School Based Resource Teacher
Martina Boeck, Administrative Assistant
Nancy Gardner, Senior Clerk
Mr. Fernando Avila, Bilingual School Community Advisor
Notes from the Health Office
Instructions to Register for Aeries Portal account
Click on Link to download instructions on how to create a Parent Portal Account.
Superintendent’s Vision Statement
“The time we have with our kids will be effective and efficient, not wasting one minute, one second while we have them in our hands."